Thursday, September 13, 2012

Public Art

I have been photographing public art, especially murals, in Ithaca, NY for my own amusement for the last few years.  The recent project to paint murals on 21 electrical junction boxes throughout the city provides a perfect opportunity for me to get out my camera. I will be sharing my photos here and on the Facebook page listed below.

For more information about the 21 Boxes project see:
Tiny Town Times writes about the project
21 Boxes Facebook Page
Ithaca.com - project considered by council
Ithaca.com - project approved

My plan: Photograph each of the 21 boxes.  Post 1 per week here in this blog and to the 21 Boxes Facebook page.  I hope you enjoy discovering these unlikely treasures as much as I will.

Next Post: Box Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment